Hi, I'm Evan.
I'm a filmmaker and professional video producer with over 10 years of experience writing, directing, shooting, and editing videos. I work with clients across a wide range of industries, from tech and eCommerce to government and higher education, to produce videos that inform, engage, and inspire.
I'm based in Seattle, but I work with clients all over the world. If you have a video project that you need help with, let me know. I'd love to help however I can.
What I do:
For most projects, I help with every step of the process from start to finish: refining the concept, writing the script, directing the actors, recording the voiceover, and editing the footage. I can also be hired for individual services like filming a client testimonial or editing some footage you already have.
How it works:
The first step is to request a quote using the contact button below. You don't have to know all of the details up front, just tell me a bit about your product or your idea, and I can tell you what that means in terms of video production. Together, we'll define what you're looking for, what that might cost, and why.
After that, I'll help as much or as little as you need. I can take the creative lead, writing, directing, and editing the video, or I can play a supporting role to your team.
Normal steps for a whole production include:
- Defining the concept and creating a rough outline or storyboard
- Writing a script for the voiceover, text, or interview material that will deliver information throughout the video
- Deciding on the locations, props, and people that will appear in the video, and scheduling the shoot
- Production- the actual shooting of the video
- Recording or finding music, sound effects, and voiceover
- Editing it all together
- Reviewing and discussing the edited video
- Revising the editing, fine-tuning the color, and adding any special effects
All in all, this whole process usually takes about a month, but can sometimes be sped up to a week or two.
Whereas most other video production companies have different crew members for each one of these stages, I usually perform each one of these jobs myself, streamlining production and reducing cost.
How much it costs:
It all depends on the complexity of the project, number of shoot days, and overheads like locations and actors. The best way to determine an accurate estimate is to contact me. While I love working with lean startups and new ideas, I do not accept equity or deferred pay.